CoughAssist is a non invasive therapy that very effectively removes secretions in patients who are unable to cough effectively on their own.
Fully portable, CoughAssist is a mains operated device that automatically oscillates between applying positive then negative air pressure to the patient's airway in order to help the patient to clear retained bronchopulmonary secretions.
Air is supplied to the patient via a flexible tube incorporating a bacterial filter and can be use with a facemask or mouthpiece. CoughAssist can also be attached to a tracheostamy or endotracheal tube.
Typical patients benefitting from CoughAssist include those suffering from:
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Post - Polio
- Spinal Cord Injuries
CoughAssist Benefits include:
- Removes secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the risk of respiritory infection and resulting hospitalisation
- Safe Non Invasive alternative to suctioning
- Easy for patients and carers to operate.
- Can significantly improve patient comfort and quality of life
Approved for home use with both adults and children